So Much For Planning
So here it is, five o'clock on a Friday afternoon and the boss comes in.
"Hey, I need you to go talk to these people this weekend," he says. He hands me a sheet of paper. Something about a new bookstore in town that specializes in pseudo-spiritual babble, esoterica and the like. He's always having me cover new businesses. Thinks it'll bring in more advertising revenue if we give them a nice write-up. And I do do nice write-ups.
Anyway, something on the bottom of the letter caught my eye. The bookstore, apparently, is also a front for a Wiccan church, temple, something like that.
I had planned on hitting a club or two, having a beer, winding down, seeing if maybeNatalie would call me back. It's been three days. Kinda weird. Usually she calls back. I know she's not out of town.
I know where this is going, of course, I'm just still in denial.
Okay, let's not be in denial. Natalie is off the reservation. She's getting ready to dump me. Maybe I pushed too hard on the move-in stuff. Hell, we've been dating for six months. I figured it was the next logical step.
But seriously, what kind of adult breaks off a signifcant relationship by just deciding to be more and more absent with less and less contact? Where's the phone call? Where's the talk? Where's the Dear, Skepticyst (yes, I'm sticking with the code name) letter?
Fuck her. This just smacks of disrespect.Of course, deep down, I'm scared. I already feel lonely and now this.
Bah, you don't want to hear this (like there's a you out there reading; as if). All I meant to do is bitch about the boss giving me work on the weekend and this pops out. Maybe these blog things are cathartic after all...
Gotta admit, the wiccan angle to this story sounds kinda cool.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home